22 June, 2020 - Things are Hard to Explain & A Look at the Summer Patio

Dear, Mom -

It was nice to talk to you today, although I know it was hard to understand a lot of what is going on. It breaks my heart everyday that I cannot come see you. I get very sad because my days used to be so much fuller when you were in them physically. Being confined to a space that is still relatively unfamiliar to you in a strange city is stressful. Those feelings are real and valid. That is why I feel like I cannot apologize enough for you being separated from me and the family right now. The one thing I hope you can understand is that it is not just you, it is everyone, everywhere. This is what is called a 'global pandemic'. There are a lot of people throughout the planet that are suffering as we are. There are some that have lost family to the horrible virus that is going around and we are very fortunate that we have not. We must be patient and count our blessings everyday and hope a vaccine will come to light soon. I have heard there are a couple of places in the world that are getting very close. When we can be vaccinated, then we can see each other again. Although, other elements may come to light that we are unaware of that may also make it possible for us to be together again much sooner. We will stay strong and positive and just hope it is very soon. So, just like the very first post, or letter, that I wrote you way back in March, know that I have not abandoned you. We just have to wait to see what happens in this world of ours. I hope this helps a bit. I just feel like I need to explain it to you for you to have a better understanding. I love you. 
A Beautiful Patch of Wildflowers in My Neighborhood

I told you in yesterday's letter that I would take pictures of what I did to summer-ize the deck. I went out and took some detailed pictures to show you today. When you were able to come over last summer, it was set up relatively similarly, but we added on of our nice chairs outside to make it more comfortable. I would also like to buy some material and foam and make custom cushions to put on the swinging bench. It gets a bit hard on the tush if you sit there for any length of time. I tried to find some to buy, but for some reason the bench seems to be an odd length. I don't know if I am just looking for the wrong thing or what, but I just don't seem to be able to find one if I look locally or on the internet.
The Main Seating Area 
You can see in the picture that I also need to stain the bench and repaint the metal with some Rustoleum spray paint. That swing has served us well for many years and I want to try and preserve it the best I can. If you think back to when we lived in Milton-Freewater, try to picture sitting out on the deck before you got the fancy chairs and table from Doran and Sue. We use to have this bench out there to sit and look at the Blue Mountains and the fields. The train tracks were just feet away from the yard and it was so quiet and peaceful. You and I both miss it. I would move you back there if I could to be closer to the surroundings you love. 

The little details are things like this:
Marbles and Rocks in Sealed Water Containers & Rocks in Terrarium 

Putting rocks and marbles in water makes them reflect light and show more color. When people go out and look for rocks, the best time to do it is when it is raining. That way you can really see the make up of the rock. Is is an agate, geode, quartz, conglomerate...? These things are easier to see when they are wet. If you look really close at the last picture, you can see a small bit of turquoise in there. That is actually from a bracelet or necklace you had from the Kenton House that broke. I collected the pieces (not all were so small or turquoise) and I put them in the water so that I think of you whenever I look at this little piece of art sitting on my patio. There are about 10 pieces throughout.
This is the Front of the Patio by the Front Door

This is a Beautiful Moth that Took a Nap in Some of My Rosemary Wood :)

I am going to end my letter tonight with some lovely pictures of flowers I took the other day. A rose, dogwood, lily, bee balm and a close up of Witch's Moneybags or Orpine. Enjoy!

And here is the progress of the American Beautyberry as the wee buds open:

Mom, have an absolutely wonderful day today. It is going to be very hot outside so try to enjoy some sun in the morning before it gets too hot. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of lovely snacks! My heart is with you every day. I love you and miss you, but I will see you soon. That I promise you.
Your Daughter, Sally Ann💖
PS: Please try to comment to see if it works. I tried something different. It should be a pop up. Good luck!








Comments

Popular Posts