25 June, 2020 - The Flower Edition

Dear, Mom -

I loved chatting with you over the video chat today. It was lovely to see that amazing smile and for you to roll your eyes at me like you do when you - like most people - don't think my dad jokes are funny. Hahaha. It's more like you are just putting up with me...

Today, it was such nice weather outside. Bob was able to go for a walk with me. It has actually been a while since we've gone on a walk. He has been very tired in the mornings after breakfast so I just have him take a nap until he feels like he can manage the day. Sometimes, we just have to take naps when our energy is too low. I would actually like to take more, but in general, I never seem to have the time. I think I need a vacation. It's alright! I'll be just fine. There are people a lot more tired than I am (I say as I keep yawning...hahaha).
Somebody had taken a typewriter and put this quote out on their Little Library/Food Pantry. I'm sure it pertains to the uncertainty that is our lives now and I thought it was a lovely quote to have picked.  This will be my motto when I start to feel beaten or run down! Everybody sing in the lifeboats!!! Huzzah!!!

I am going to show you some of the lovely flowers I came across today. The roses are especially beautiful. Bob's son Philippe told me this is a variety of rose called Double Delight.


These petunias are the best shade of crimson red! I wish I would have planted petunias. Hummingbirds really love the in hanging baskets. Maybe I will buy a couple of plants and make a basket? That would be nice to add color to the patio.
I love orange lilies so much. Especially when they are tiger lilies with the little spots. I don't see those around as much unfortunately.

I hope the cheery weather keeps your spirits up, mom. I'm afraid this letter is awfully short, but I am so tired tonight...and I didn't even paint the trim on the house that I was supposed to do. I will do those things tomorrow. Plus, I am going to start my attempt at making a grand loaf of gluten free bread and cut back to coconut sugar only. I feel lousy! I need to drop about 20 lbs, too, but I'd settle for 10 at this point. 

I love you very very very much. 
I mist you very very very much.
Hugs. Kisses. I will see you very soon.
Your #4 Kid,
Sally

PS: I can't get the comment section to work at all. If anyone reading this would like to share a comment, please email me at Dodd.sally.a@gmail.com. Thank you.





Comments

Popular Posts