27 June, 2020 - Red Paint & A Long Call

Dear, Mom -

Hello. Today was my 'day off', but for some reason I still feel as tired as when I went to bed last night. I know it is partially because I stayed up too late watching a television program, but I felt like I deserved a night where I shouldn't have to worry about getting up early (even though I always do because Elsa the dog needs her breakfast and Holly is working at that time). So, I got up and got that dog her breakfast then packed us into the car. I admit I went to Starbucks and got a nibble and a coffee before heading to the park for some squirrel chasing and rolling around (Elsa, not me :). We had a nice stroll and headed back home. When I got home, I knew that my friend Jayne was going to call, so I noticed my neighbor Rob painting the side of his garage in my back yard and thought I'd go talk to him while I waited. After a while, I figured I might as well help him since I was just watching him work. It ended up Jayne called about 15 minutes into helping, to I held the phone in one hand and painted with the other.

After a while, we finished the side on my property line and I was still talking to Jayne. I continued to multitask. I reweeded the front flower bed of new grass starts...on both sides of the fence. Then I started to do the outer bed. By the time all was literally said and done, Jayne and I had talked for 2 hours and 51 minutes!!! I think that may be the longest phone call I have had in the history of my life. The great thing was it was all worth talking about and enjoyable. No filler. Jayne's mother Monica used to be your housemate when you lived at Kenton House. We became really good friends during that time and have remained so since. We catch up every couple of months. The following picture is from Monica's birthday where we all shared dessert. In the picture, Jayne is helping her mom blow out a candle on her cake. Very sweet. I miss these times together.

After I was finished talking to Jayne, I tried to uncramp my index finger that had been holding the phone up to my face for the day. Birgit then came over and wanted to see my wee garden out back. She gave Holly and I a sack of potatoes and some fresh thyme and I decided to make roasted potatoes with thyme and rosemary for dinner. We had a side salad with lettuce from our garden and a griller (faux meat) on some delicious potato buns that Paula brings me from her sandwich shop when they have too much. We watched a documentary while we ate about extreme sports (my absolute love). For example, it had heli skiing, surfing, windsurfing, parasurfing, free diving (where you hold your breath underwater for upwards of 10 minutes), windgsuit and speed flying, and freestyle mountain bikingπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ. When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than to be a professional BMX racer, freestyler, surfer, or skateboarder, but became a caregiver instead. When I started having some muscle soreness, I stopped riding and just never started again. I wish I would have rethought that. Oh, well. Maybe in my next life I will have a do over?

We dog sat for our neighbor Rob who works very hard during the week. He went to his Aunt and Uncle's house out in the suburbs. We used to have Rusty the dog come stay with us all the time. When the nasty virus hit, Rusty's mom Samantha ended up not being able to work, so she didn't need us to look after him. He loved coming over. The only thing is is that Elsa the dog is a bully to him because she is very territorial. She doesn't bite hime or anything, but she growls at him if he gets too close or moves.  We had a nice time once Elsa settled down and realized he was staying for a while. Here he is cuddled up on his bed that we save for his visits:
That is about it for my day, Mom. How is your day today? What do you think you might do? Maybe do some stamp art or painting? Snack eating and coffee drinking? Haha. I think it will be raining around the time you read this, but don't worry it shouldn't last too long. I think the weather will improve by tomorrow!

We have two varieties of Jasmine vine growing right outside the house where the smell comes through the window. If I wasn't allergic to it I wouldn't mind. I don't mind until I start getting all stuffy and sneezy. So far it hasn't been too bad, but it is worth it. They are so pretty. One is on the wood fence between the north side of the house and our chain link fence that divides our property with Rob and Samantha. That fence has another variety of Jasmine growing on it all the way down the fence to the end of the drive way. It is pretty fragrant out there! These are such pretty little flowers. So soft looking.

Good night and good day to you, Mom. I love you ever so! I miss you horribly! Please imagine me giving you a loving hug and a smooch on the cheek. I miss being able to sit and chat with you, but until this virus is gone or treatable, we have to wait it out. Fingers crossed it will be very soon. The main thing I want you to always know if that I think of you often throughout the day and hope you are well. 
You are the best Mom ever! MWAH --- SalπŸ’–

Comments

Popular Posts