26 August, 2020 - Feeling Blah & Loved Talking to You Today

 Dear, Mom -

Hello. Thank you for chatting with me today! It was so nice to see you. I’m glad you are still enjoying the cookies I made for you. You looked like you were very content to eat them :) I’m really glad I can carry on the tradition of making your cookie recipes. The next batch of cookies will be your Peanut Butter Cookies. I don’t think I have made them before, but I am very much looking forward to it. I have your recipe box, so I will find the right recipe. I have had my eye on some blackberries in the neighborhood while walking Elsa the dog, but always forget to grab a bucket when I go out for picking. Before I know it, it will be too late and the berries will be gone. I want to make a cobbler with them, so I need to remember a container next time I go out. Wish me luck with my remembering. It seems to not work as good as it used to.

I am still feeling a bit under the weather. I just have a slight headache and I am tired. I think it is from being stressed...and between me, you, and Joy, (and whomever else reads this public blog), probably menopause. Ha! “Surprise!”any strangers reading this blog, but this is my life and I need to share it with my Mom! I am pretty sure it is not the virus that is going around because I don’t have the main symptoms and I have very limited exposure to public spaces or unknown people. I am just writing your letter earlier in the night so I can get to bed an get some extra rest before the morning and work comes again. Nobody worry. I’m doing fine, just looking forward to bedtime tonight.

I did find some beautiful, white Roses on my evening walk with Elsa tonight.

Elsa found a new, special friend tonight in the yard. A cottontail bunny. I wondered what she was so interested in. She was jogging along the fence on the side yard and started picking up speed. Then I noticed she was really tearing around trying to keep pace with something. Then it popped out from under my car and squeezed through the fence... running like crazy to get away from the mad beast on its sweet cottontail. Luckily, Elsa didn’t get it and I now know to be extra careful when she is out in the yard. Birgit said she had seen the bunny out in her and Paula’s yard. She said it is living in their yard. We thought maybe we should make a little box with some straw in it for the bunny come fall so it stays warm. We’ll see. I figure that little guy probably knows how to survive in the wild, so most likely in this urban setting, too. We’ll look our for it, but also let it live its life the way it is supposed to.
Little Bunny
I am off to bed now, Mom. I love you and miss you LOTS! I hope you have a wonderful day and we will talk very soon. 
❤️🐰All My Love to You! Your Daughter, —- Sally🐶❤️




Comments

Popular Posts