18 September, 2020 - Happy Rain Day to You & Hare the Rabbit

 Dear, Mom -

Here I am again. It’s nearly 11:15 on a Friday night. I just got finished making breakfast (yes, you heard that right) for Elsa in the morning. This dog of ours has the most sensitive stomach. Every now and again she eats something that does not agree with her (I guess the same way we humans do) and she ends up getting a very upset tummy that makes for increased trips outside at all hours of the day so she can relieve herself. In order to help settle her stomach, I boiled a chicken breast and made some plain, white rice for her to have in the morning. I really wanted to give her something tonight, but having her fast for about 15 hours will help her digestion figure out what it needs to do to feel better. I am just hoping it doesn’t involve me getting up 2 or three times tonight to take her out so she can go potty. Regardless, if that’s what has to happen, then so be it. It will most likely be me taking her out and not Holly because Holly tends to hear her but fall back asleep. I hear her pacing around and know she is asking to go out, so I’m the one that gets up. 

Last night was so refreshing. I woke up to a thunder and lightning storm. If I hadn’t been so tired and having to get up for work, I probably would have sat up and looked out the window a bit to watch it. I really wanted to open the window, but the air quality is still improving, so I will have to wait for the next storm. Elsa the dog was not a fan of the booms from the thunder. She was a bit anxious, but at least not like she is when she hears fireworks. It seems she can make out the difference. I guess Stella, Birgit’s poodle, was up on the bed with her huddled against her trembling. She REALLY doesn’t like storms at all. She is really sensitive to the frequencies of the sounds. A lot like Elsa, but some things seem to rattle her more. It was great to wake up to the rain and wet ground. The air finally lost it’s orange/pink tint and it just looked like an average, cloudy, and rainy day. 

A picture of last night’s lightning storm

I took a picture of you during our video chat on Monday and was doing a little color editing to the picture tonight and realized just how much you look like Grandma Myrtle and Aunt Margaret Ann. It is nice to see Grandma when I look at you. I miss her lots, but I know we will see her again in the future. She and everyone we miss. 
There’s maybe even a bit of Great Grandma Olson in you, too :)

I am going to try and put together a little hutch for the rabbit(s) that live in our yard for the fall and winter months. I also want a place for them to be out of the elements. The silly thing is I will probably put time into making a little house and the rabbit will probably never go into it. Birgit, Holly, and I all want to at least give it a try. We think there may be more than one (with rabbits there usually are). If it is a mother with a baby, maybe they will nest together in a little box with some straw in it. I just don’t want some rat moving in. I guess I will have to put a sign on it that says, :
 “No Rats, Mice, Opossums, Raccoons, or Especially Skunks! Rabbits Welcome”.
I don’t want to sound mean, but all those other animals have already taken up residency under the house rent-free for the last 5 plus years, so they don’t deserve a luxury suite! I’ll keep you updated on what I make and if I see any rabbit activity in it.

I’m off to bed now. It’s been a long day and I must say I am tired. Take care, Mom. I hope you congestion is improving. I will talk to you hopefully on Sunday. I love you and miss you A LOT!!!!
🐰❤️✨All My Love, —-Sally Ann✨❤️🐰


Flowers from the Night of 🌧 




Comments

Popular Posts