20 September, 2020 - Bicycle Ride & My Gazania

 Dear, Mom -

Today was nice as I was able to get away from home for a bit and went for a nice bicycle ride with Kim and Ward. We went down lots of residential streets designated for bicycles and saw lots of great houses, peoples, and things. We actually came upon a free ‘porch concert’ and stopped and watched a couple of gentleman play guitars and sing. It was really fantastic. 

Kim, Ward, and the porch concert we stopped to listen to for a quick minute.
The house had a line-up of people playing music, reading poetry and the like this evening. It was a pretty neat pop-up event. That’s a newer thing that happens now. “Pop-up events”. Sometimes a restaurant will be open after hours and have a private chef and staff cook a dinner for a certain amount of people. Now they can’t really do that because people can’t gather in small spaces together inside. The pop-up concert we came across was great because it was outside and people could sit far apart from each other and still watch the music and hear it well. The community still has a way of coming together even when times are a bit rough. So, we rode our bikes practically from Ward and Kim’s house to Bob’s house (where I work). That means about 4/5ths of the way to my house from theirs. It was a great evening for a bike ride. You know me, I could practically ride a bike before I walked, so I’m always up for a bike ride.
Ward, Kim, and I after our bicycle ride.
This is Millie and I. I’ve known Millie since she was a kitten 13 years ago. She’s a treasure.

I noticed this morning that the Gazania that I took a picture of yesterday in bud form had bloomed this morning. My goodness, it is absolutely gorgeous and worth the 5 to 6 months it took to bloom form a seed. 
Morning. Before the leaves had fully uncurled.
A close-up reveal the fine detail in the middle of the flower and on the petals themselves.
The light was not the best, but you can see the stripe in the middle of the leaves after they uncurled!

I was very excited, not to mention surprised, to see if blooming this morning and the way it changed throughout the day. I noticed that tonight it had closed back up. I think it is really cool when flowers do that. I’m not sure if all of mine will be the same colors, as I believe there were a variety of colors on the seed package I planted from. Fingers crossed I get some more colors!

When I went to take Elsa the dog for a short walk this evening, I noticed the sky was a lovely color. It was pink as the sun set (called a ‘kissing sunset’) and not from the forest fires’ smoke. The sky had big patches of blue and white, fluffy clouds, but it was the surreal color of the sun’s reflection on the clouds that was so noticeable. It is one of those skies, Mom, that always seem like they are very hard to paint on a canvas. The color doesn’t look right in a painted picture. There have been a few artists that have been able to capture it, but I feel they are few and far between.
Setting sun’s reflection on the clouds.

I love you, Mom. I hope you have had a great day so far. I am pretty sure we are on the books to have a video chat this afternoon sometime, so that is something I will really look forward to. I miss you an awful lot and can’t wait to come see you in person as soon as it is possible. Until then, just pretend I am there giving you a big hug, a kiss on the cheek, and talking your ears off while enjoying homemade chocolate chip cookies and a nice cup of coffee! Phew! Sounds fantastic!

🌺✨🌸XOXO—-Your Daughter, —Sally Ann🌸✨🌺











Comments

Popular Posts