21 September, 2020 - Pruning Trees & Dog Park

 Dear, Mom -

I am so, so, SO sorry that I missed our video chat today. It was a very strange thing as I was waiting for the call, but it never came. For some reason, my phone didn’t ring when Joy tried to call, hence we didn’t end up being able to talk to each other. It made me very sad for you to expect to hear from me then I was a no-show :( I will hopefully be able to make it up to you today. We have a 4 o’clock scheduled, so I have that to look forward to all day! Woo boo!

I didn’t get up to a ton of stuff today. I guess the main thing is that I got out and pruned the red maple. If I remember right, last year I just let it go without a pruning because the canopy was still pretty spacious from the year prior. Well, there were a lot of criss crossing branches this year, so I thought it was time to take care of it for the winter. I’d say it probably took me a good hour. It is big enough now that I can climb up a ways in it to trim, but not all the way. There are still some branches near the top that could be taken out, but it actually looks pretty good now. After it fluffs out a bit, I’ll send you a picture. I wish I would have done a before and after! Missed opportunity for you to see how well your daughter can prune a tree!

I took Elsa the dog to the dog park today. She hasn’t been able to run full throttle for a while due to the smoke then her bad tummy, so I took her today. She still isn’t feeling great, but she hates the opportunity to run. She had a fun time, but she got tired pretty fast. 

Chimney Park. Elsa’s dog park.

We are still waiting for her stomach issue to clear up.  As soon as that does, I would like to take her outside of Scappoose and take a walk with her on the Vernonia-Scappoose Trail. It’s paved and goes for miles and miles. It is in a beautiful, rural setting and I think Elsa would love all the smells out there. There is a waterfall I’ve never been to out there, too. I have a feeling it must not be very big, but it has its own sign, so it must be a bit of an attraction.

While Elsa was running the fence at the dog park, I took a picture of the flowers that were in the meadow. I’ve taken pictures of them before, but at a different time of the season They all turned out really great so I hope you enjoy looking at them.

Chicory flower. I could make a decaf coffee out of the roots!
Queen Anne’s Lace.
Clover
Autumn Hawkbit or Fall Dandelion

Well, I’m off to finish making my bed up for the night. I washed all the sheets and the comforter. I think it was really past due. It will be nice to slide into such a clean bed tonight. 

I look forward to seeing you on the screen and telling you how much I love you, Mom!

✨❤️👩🏻Your Loving Daughter, —-Sally Ann🐶❤️✨


Comments

Popular Posts