23 September, 2020 - Watercolor & Looooong Day

 Dear, Mom -

What a horribly long day it has been. Not a bad day, just quite long. I was up very early and haven’t stopped until now so I could write your letter. There is nothing that is ever going to stop me from writing your letter. Even if I go camping and I don’t have a way to post the entry for that night onto the web, I will still write it and post it as soon as possible. Not that I’m going camping, mind you, but if I do, I will still write you a letter about my day.

This morning I got up and went to Gale’s house towards Beaverton. He has been a part of an Essential Tremor study for about 5 years now. When I got to his house, I sat up my iPad with a Bluetooth speaker so that he could hear the computer better. He doesn’t hear very well. He lost his hearing in his right ear and has partial hearing loss in his left ear. It happened overnight. Out of the blue. I feel so bad for him. Anyway, a young man from Connecticut video chatted with us for almost 3 hours. Three hours, I say!!! He had a series of tests and questions that he needed to ask Gale. Gale wasn’t keen to all of it as he started to get very tired and cranky. I don’t blame him. It was a long time to sit and be drilled, but the young man Keith was very nice and patient. We made it through the whole thing, hung up with Keith, then talked for about another 45 minutes. Then I needed to leave because I had to get to Birgit’s house.

On my way home, I grabbed a coffee and something to nibble on, then stopped at home briefly. I went next door to get Birgit and off we went across town so that she could get her blood drawn for a test. She has to have her blood tested the week before she gets her arthritis medicine infusion. The doctors want to make sure her organs are functioning properly and that her white and red blood count looks good. I’m sure there is other stuff, too, but I’m not doctor and I don’t know what it all means. So, Birgit got her blood drawn while I sat in the car and wrote and email to the gentleman Gale and I had the long meeting with. I just wanted him to know I would be happy to answer any questions that might have been unclear and to thank him for being so patient with Gale. 

When Birgit and I got home, I immediately left again to go shopping for Elsa’s chicken and rice. She goes through it quickly on this bland diet she is on for her tummy. That took me a bit because everyone else is shopping after work, too. Holly was waiting for me when I got home so she could help me bleach wipe the groceries before we put them away. THEN I had to start cooking Elsa’s chicken and rice. Somewhere in there, I never ate dinner. I know because now I am hungry and it is 10:15 pm and I need to take Elsa out for a quick walk before I head to bed. 

I did do one thing tonight before your letter. I did a watercolor of Elsa for our postal carrier since Friday is her last day and she LOVES Elsa. I am going to do one of Rusty and Stella the neighbor dogs. We all went in on a gift card together for her and Samantha next door asked if I could draw the dogs. Well, I always say yes, especially if it comes to art, and now I have a major deadline to get this done. It took me a couple hours to do Elsa, so I am looking at about 4-5 more hours to do Rusty and Stella. Here is my picture of Elsa. I think it turned out pretty good for not having painted something this detailed in a while. What do you think?

I think the right eye looks off, but it’s because Elsa has a tuft of hair that grows over it. 

Now, I am going to go brush my teeth and get ready for bed. I’m pretty sure once my head hits the pillow I will fall asleep. Thank you for listening to my boring, long day. I don’t know. Maybe it wasn’t so much boring as busy. I am very sorry I did not get you any pictures of flowers today. Where was the time?! Oh, boy. Tomorrow!

One thing that never changes and I look forward to is telling you how much I love and miss you. I am hoping to make a trip out there to see you next week if possible. I will at least bring your new slippers out. Also, I did order you some new sheets for the colder months coming up. They are cute. They are flannel and have little owls on them :)

Have a fantastic day, Mom. I’m sending you a big HUG and a big SMOOCH! You’re the best Mom. Ever!
🌺✨🐶All My Love, Your Daugter, —-Sally Ann🐯✨🌸


Comments

Popular Posts