25 September, 2020 - A Full Day & Our Friend is Off to Life’s Adventures

 Dear, Mom -

How is your day today, Mom? Did you see, hear, feel, or smell the rain today? It was really coming down. I guess that will be the end of some heavy rain for a while as the warmer weather starts to set back in for a small stint then we are into fall completely. It really snuck up on everyone it seems. I think September decided to come and go as quickly as it could. I feel like there was so many things going on that it just wanted to get the month over with and move into October. Now granted, we still have a bit of September left, but before you know it, October will be ending, too. My neighbor, whom I do not know because she is not very friendly (quite frankly, a bit odd) put up a huge Halloween display yesterday. In my opinion, it is one of those big displays that is gaudy and there’s just too much going on in the yard. Plus, it has those displays that you have to run air into so there is a motor running all night. 

I think that I am officially old and grumpy. I believe this year has made many people feel the same way.

Elsa the Dog!
On a positive note, both Elsa and I are feeling a bit better today. For me, my attitude is lighter. Especially since Elsa’s tummy seems to finally be moving some food along. It has been daaaaaaaays! I had called our veterinarian Dr. Warner this morning to say how concerned I was about Elsa’s tummy. Luckily, she had a movement on her walk with Holly today so when Dr. Warner called to check in, we had good news to give her. We will keep our fingers crossed that we keep going in a forward direction. 

Our sweet mail carrier had her last day on this route today. We were very sad, but made a lovely friend. She made a good point. She said that she sees and talks to us more consistently than a lot of people in her life and that our new relationship as friends is quite valid since we see each other at least 4 times a week and always talk for a spell. She’s so nice and I can’t wait to hear what she decides to do for her trade college. I love that she is going to do a job that a majority of men usually do (i.e., carpentry, plumbing, electrical). If I had a time machine, I would go back and learn carpentry. It’s not that I feel it is too late, but I’ve already racked up enough debt in the way of school loans that I don’t want to add to it with more school costs. This is when I wish we had free schooling like they do in Europe. It would have bene so much easier to advance my career if I could have gone on for my Masters or PhD. Not time for regrets. We will just go forward.

My friend Mo and I are going to start doing some orienteering. I’m trying to rope him into it anyway. He likes stuff like that and so do I, so why not pair up and make a day our of using a compass and finding a point on the map. There is also geocaching. That is similar to orienteering except there is something at the point you are to find once you find it. Some people will leave a log book and pencil in a weatherproof box for you to record your name, date, and a comment. Other people may leave snacks, a rain poncho, bug spray, flashlight, or tools of the trade. I’ve been carrying around a compass in my backpack for years, but have never truly learned how to use it. Now that I have glasses I can read with, I am going to start reading a mountaineering book that was recommended to me by Mo. It is very detailed in how to use a compass. There is more to it than just knowing your directions if you have one like this:
This is the kind of compass I have and I have no idea how to use most of the features. I had an engineer explain it to me once, but heck if I can remember any of it. I will soon enough. I will point my compass to come find you, Mom. The surprise at the end will be YOU! Yay! Don’t worry. I know where you are...

I need to start exercising as fall sets in. Holly and I are thinking of getting a stationary bicycle. I want the kind that has a computer screen to focus on so it feels like you are actually riding along a road. They do that so when you have to start climbing a hill and it gets harder, you actually see the landscape virtually change around you to make it more realistic. This is the model I would like to get. 


It is expensive, but I can make a monthly payment on it and get some exercise besides just walking. I need a few more muscle groups worked on. Things are starting to get a tad flabbier than they used to be.

I hope I can get Joy to squeeze me in for a video chat on Sunday. If not, we’ll talk Monday. I apologize for not being able to yesterday, but things were a bit much for me and I needed to sit down, take some breaths, and focus on my well being. It worked. I need to do it more often.

I love you, Mom. Please have an absolutely lovely day. I miss you, but will see you very soon. 
❤️✨🦋Much Love to You, Your Daughter—-Sally🦋✨❤️






Comments

Popular Posts