28 September, 2020 - Looking at the Moon through the Window & Missing You!

 Dear, Mom -

I am wondering how your day was today? I know that you had to get the dreaded COVID test which involved getting a swab up your nose. It sounds horribly unpleasant and I am sorry that you had to go through that. I know that Joy and the nurses explained to you the importance of having the test. We all need to know that you are well and this is the way to do it. I will need to get one at some point, too. Just to make sure everyone I am around doesn’t get ill. I know you are well, though, and that brings me much happiness.

Today, I drove Birgit our to the Scappoose Goodwill to return some jeans she purchased there. I got to driver her rental car. It is a newer Toyota Camry. Man, oh man. It was nice to drive. Very solid, the seats are super comfy, and it goes dangerously much faster than what you think you are going. It was such a nice day that we were able to have the windows down a bit and have a nice conversation along with the smooth ride. 

Pretty nice ride, eh?

I’m sitting here typing this looking out our south window toward’s Paula and Birgit’s house. The moon is almost full and is lighting up the sky beautifully. I am hoping to be camping under the moon at the end of the week. It looks like I will be able to leave Friday late afternoon and come home Sunday late afternoon. I believe our weather is supposed to hold all the way through the weekend, which makes me very happy. At this point, I would go camping in a torrential downpour. I need some kind of vacation. If I lived rurally, it would be different. I would have the peace of nature all around me with animals and birds. Here in the city, along with the stress of people and work, it is hard to escape. So, I am looking up at the moon with a heart full of hope, crossing my fingers that I will be in a tent by the week’s end.

I hope we get to talk soon, Mom. Yesterday was a big day and long day for you and your friends and I am sorry for that. I hope you woke up this morning with no memory of it happening and you started your day new and fresh and happy! I’m sure your friends helped with that. 
My Beautyberry bush
My Beautyberry bush is starting to become full of berries. This is great because it means the Cedar Waxwings may be coming through to feast on them. Last year, they flocked to the bush and picked it clean. The bush was thick with them eating all the berries. Occasionally a songbird would make it in for one or two, but the waxwings really dominated the feast.
A Cedar Waxwing

I shall bid you good night, Mom. Please know that I am truly sorry that I cannot be there in person to give you love and hugs. The minute I am allowed to be, you can bet your bottom dollar I will be! I love and miss you so very much. Stay strong for me and I will visit, at least an outdoor visit, as soon as possible. 

❤️🌸🌼🌺Thinking of You, Your Daughter, —-Sally Ann🍀🍁🌿❤️

Comments

Popular Posts