30 September, 2020 - A Nice Day Today & Working with Gale

 Dear, Mom -

What a day. I was with Gale this afternoon and we worked down in his work shop. It is pretty big with lots and lots of tools and machines. He was trying to move a VERY heavy table by himself when I got there. He was using some kind of a torque lift so he could wiggle the table away from the wall to get to an outlet. We are talking about a sweet gentleman who is prone to horrible dizzy spells. I was glad I got there when I did so that I could assist him because I am afraid he may have fallen or fell over from being off balance. 

Gale looking for some flathead screws in his shop.
After I was done with Gale, I had to go pick up some photos I had printed. Birgit has a cousin in Sweden name Steig. He and Birgit are very close and he is not doing very well. Birgit wishes so much that she could fly home to Sweden to visit him. Since she is not able to see him, Paula, her daughter, sent me a picture of Steig to print out for her. I had that printed and a couple of you and I together, some of the dog and neighbor dogs, and miscellaneous. It is pretty inexpensive to have pictures printed now, so I was glad I could do it for her. 

When I got home from picking up the pictures, I went to Birgit’s so I could give her the picture. Paula put it into a frame lickety split and it was on their dining room table before I knew it. That was a nice feeling to do something that made Birgit and Paula happy.

After that, Holly had to run to the store (she rarely ventures out into public) and get some more chicken for Elsa the dog. Elsa is still on her bland diet for about another week as we slowly get her back onto her dry kibble. Elsa is feeling much better in her tummy and we are glad for it. Getting her back to her old routine will make her very happy. Right now she is not allowed to have any treats and she is not a fan of no treats. We are going to have to cut back once she is back to normal eating, though, because she has gained some weight. She has a condition that makes her have incontinence when she gets heavy. When we first go her, it was a real problem. As soon as we took about 8 lbs off of her, it went away completely. She has not been getting enough running in due to the smoke from the fires and the heat combined. Now, I am running her in the morning before work. I am going to buy myself a pair of running shoes and shin splint protectors and start running with her. That way she isn’t the only one losing some weight around here! She loves to run so much that I bet it will make her super happy to run with me, if I can keep it up. Every time I start a running a routine, I remember I get shin splints really bad and have to stop. Now, they make a kind of compression sleeve for your shins so it helps to keep it from happening. I’ll keep you updated on how it goes.

This looks like a Mom, Dad, and shy little child mushroom family.

Tomorrow, I am going to take Birgit to get her eyes checked and to also have her get her wrist x-rayed.
I don’t think I will be doing any cleaning as Paula cleaned the floors and moved the couch and chairs around of the weekend. I am glad to be honest. My back is a bit tender, but I wouldn’t let on to Birgit if she needed me to do it. I like to, for most part. I know it helps both of them out.

I hope you have a fantastic day today. I’m not sure when you will hear the letter, but that is okay.  You will eventually. I trust Joy to do it. She is an asset, that girl. Everyone there is. I have lots of love in my heart for all of them.

Stay strong. Know that I love you and think about you every day!!!! I will write you another letter tomorrow night, and the night after, etc. etc.

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ„All My Love to You, Your Daughter, —-Sally Ann๐Ÿš๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒ



Comments

Popular Posts