02 November, 2020 - A Tired Day & Work Conference

 Dear, Mom -

I hope this finds you well and rested today. I know when we talked you seemed pretty tired and possibly not feeling very well. I know the feeling. It’s in the air. Tomorrow, or today if your hearing this on Tuesday, is the presidential election. This has the whole country edge. So much of the population want, no...need, the current president to get voted out of office because he is destroying the democracy of the United States. He is intentionally dividing our country. He never talks about “we” as a whole; one people. He always tries to instigate division by calling democrats crooked and corrupt. He says democrats are terrorists and and destroying our country. All the things he claims are the things he is doing. It is very frustrating. He wants to open up public parks and lands that are monuments and invite corporations in to drill for oil He doesn’t care about wilderness, wildlife, or the people’s lives he is affecting. All he sees are money signs. And not for the US, but for himself and his family. That in itself is illegal when you hold the office of president in this country. He has broken every rule possible and has been let off. IF Joe Biden wins for the democrats, he will have so much cleaning up to do. The United States is literally the laughing stock of the world. We used to be a respected democracy, but Trump has ruined that and it will take many years to repair. We are hoping that by the time you hear this, we will have Joe Biden as president and wake up from the nightmare that has been the last four years of Trump.

Now that I got all the heavy stuff out of the way, I had a nice work conference today. Every year for the last 6 years, I’ve gone to this conference because it has a lot of new information about the demographic of people I serve. I work with people that have cognition issues, or problems remembering things. I also work with people that have a hard time functioning day to day due to chronic illness. So, the conference that I go to provides me the information that I need to be better at my job and better at caring for people. You know, Grandma always wanted me to be a nurse. Sometimes I think it would have been a better move for me financially, but I don’t think that I would do well with people getting sick and not getting better in a hospital setting. I am too emotional. I would not be able to contain my sadness if people were to get very ill and I could not save them. It is hard for me in a way to do what I do now for the same reason, but I know that I am helping the same people along a journey; one that is not sudden. I guess that is easier for me to process.

Last of the Pale Pink Roses. For you!

It’s been a long day. Sitting in front of a computer all day is not for me. I can tell you that much. I got up a few times so I could walk Elsa around the block and catch a few of the suns rays to put in my pocket for later. 

I sure miss you. Please don’t be sad, though. I swear I will sit and hold your hand again soon. I will wrap my arms around you and tell you silly jokes. We’ll have lots of grand times together. All of this lock down stuff is temporary and necessary. Just remember my love for you is unconditional and forever. Hang in there, sweet Mom of mine. I love you lots and lots.

🥧🧁🍦Your Sweet Daughter, Sally Ann🍫🍰☕️

Comments

Popular Posts