04 November, 2020 - Fall is Definitely Here & Nature is Reassuring

Dear, Mom -

This may be a bit of a short letter tonight. We had a lovely talk yesterday and there has not been much of anything at all going on around my house. Elsa the dog is a rascal, chasing squirrels whenever she has a chance. She is also learning to put up with Paula's new puppy Watson. I say "put up with" when actually she is just trying to keep away from him at all costs. She isn't a big fan of many other dogs. There are a couple of dogs in our neighborhood that she LOVES, but only two. She does have some other friends that she is tolerant of, but none that she wants to play with per se. The big malamute named Links she has tried to play with a bit, but the lovely Australian Shepherd (whose name I can never remember) that this gal walks is her absolute crush! I don't know what it is about this dog, but whenever she sees him, she is like a puppy. She does a 'play bow', where she gets down on her front feet with her rump in the air and wags her tail furiously. This means she is inviting the other dog to play with her. She doesn't do this with any other dogs. Unfortunately, the gal the owns this other dog is not much of a conversationalist, nor does she seem too interested in letting her boy play with Elsa. It kinda breaks my heart since this is thee single, solitary dog that Elsa seems to absolutely want to engage with. I just need to have hope that there will be another.

I took Elsa for a walk to the park this morning since it was so warm out. It was almost humid. It was very strange for an early, November morning. I ended up wearing my thin rain jacket and was even a bit warm with that and my long sleeve shirt underneath. Anyway, I let Elsa run around, again, chasing squirrels and me. I love to watch her run. She looks so free and happy. I always wonder if she got to run like that before she lived with us. She was kenneled for so much of the day, I kind of doubt it. Her prior owners were a mother and daughter who lived in a small, Washington town called Goldendale. That part of the Columbia Gorge is very dry and hot in the summer. I feel like she was loved and taught certain things like don't put your paws on the kitchen counter and don't eat human food without their permission. She is very gentle and definitely wants to please us by being a great guard dog. It is clear she wasn't walked well on a leash and there are certain sounds that are very scary to her. We were very lucky to get such a good tempered dog that is very sweet. So, Elsa and I walked around the park, talked to a nice, young man playing frisbee golf and another nice, young man on a skateboard! Aaaaahhhh. Skateboards and Elsa are arch enemies. She hears a skateboard coming and she barks like she is warning of an alien invasion. Anyway, the guy was super nice, got off his board, and we chatted about Elsa maybe just wanting to learn to skateboard; not disliking them. That's a funny thought. 

Elsa and a large, golden tree of fall in Pier Park.
Elsa after securing the houses from the Attack Squirrels. 
Can you see me, Sally? I'm camouflaged under there some where.
After we came home, I got ready to go to work for the day. I had to run to Gale's house. He is my Wednesday 'client'. Client sounds so stiff when the people that I work with are more like family. Anyway, he has rarely been out of his house since the beginning of March. I used to take him all over the place. Especially, hardware stores because he always has projects and is working on. I was able to take him to a hardware store and a pharmacy so I could help him pick out some 'skis' for the feet on his walker. He was doing super today and seemed like he had bounced back a bit from the prior weeks. I like it when the friends I work with are happy, humorous, and full of smiles. 

Well, I guess that wasn't too short, was it? :) Even some dull days can result into some kind of interesting dialogue. The thing is, Mom, I always want you to feel like you are a part of my day; that you are here with me, with Elsa, with my friends at work. You are in my heart, so I know you are with me. When I tell you about my day, whether full of happenings or pretty dull, I want you to know you are a part of it. Because I love you. You're my Mom. I appreciate you and the woman you've helped me to become. You are the best part of me!

Have a fantastic day, Sweetie Mama! I will talk to you very soon. Big Hug and Big Kiss!
πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’–Your One and Only Gal, ---Sal*πŸ’–πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ
Close-up. Starred center of my nasturtium.
Beautyberries are full and ready to be eaten by the birds!
My last, two Gazanias bloomed today. And they're both different patterns! I love the colors so much.
🌺🌻🌼🌸🌼🌻🌺

Comments

Popular Posts