07 November, 2020 - GREAT NEWS FOR THE UNITED STATES! Great News for Us!

 Dear, Mom -

What a day, what a day! Today we were extremely blessed to have Joe Biden become the 46th President of the United States! This is amazing news. His Vice President will be a powerhouse of a woman called Kamala Harris. She is the first VP elect that is 1) female 2) a woman of color 3) a mother. Tonight history has been made. 

I took this picture off of the television so I could share the moment with you! No more Trump!

President Elect Joe Biden gave such an inspiring and unifying speech tonight. I am not going to lie when I say I cried through Kamala's speech and through President Biden's. There is hope for our country again, Mom. Things have been looking so bleak with the pandemic, the economy, politics dividing our country, and one seeming to cause, not cure, all. Tonight is the first time that I have felt really hopeful in almost 4 years. I was worried that our beautiful National and State Parks were going to be opened for corporations to drill for oil in. I was worried for the state of our Earth and the warming of the climate. I was worried the good name of our country had become the laughing stock of the world. There are many issues that the reversal of what has already been done will take years to get back to a level of normalcy. We have to have faith in President Biden.

Come January 20th, this gentleman will be our new President. God willing and the creek don't rise!

This afternoon, I made a turkey stew with potato, sweet potato, squash, onion, celery, carrot, and rosemary. I seasoned it with cumin (my favorite spice), cayenne, garlic powder (I ran out of fresh garlic), salt, pepper, and paprika. It turned out really well and Holly was a big fan. Elsa the dog wanted a bowl, but I gave her some biscuits instead. I don't think she thought that was very fair. Let me tell you for the hundredth time, I LOVE MY INSTANT POT! It's like a pressure cooker and it cuts down the time it takes to make something by a whole bunch. I made that stew, ready to eat, in about an hour and a half. Normally, with a soup or stew, it would take the veggies much longer to become soft and taste like a second day soup (it takes overnight for all the ingredients to know one another well enough to mingle comfortably). So, after the hour and a half, my stew was just right for eating. We had some Ritz crackers with it. It was nice. I should bring you some. The cayenne has just a slight kick at the end, but not too strong. I have a fragile stomach. I can't really handle spicy. I won't be entering a hot pepper contest anytime soon.

I found one of the neighbor's Strawberry Trees is fruiting. I think I may knock and ask if they don't mind me picking the fruit so I can try and make a jam with it. Just a small batch to see what it tastes like. Apparently, the fruits are nutritious and very high in sugar, "which is why they are mostly used for making jams, pastries, fruit yogurts, and alcoholic beverages".
The prickly fruit of the Strawberry Tree!
This is the Strawberry Tree jam. I believe it is brownish due to the brown sugar you add.
Those 'British biscuits' look yummy, too!
I think I will leave you with the biscuits and jam. It is after midnight and I have lots and lots to get done tomorrow. It was such an exciting day. We still have to wait 70-ish days before Joe Biden will be sworn in, and it will be a hard wait, but we made it through 4 years of that last guy, so I can do this. We can do this! It will be great to talk to you soon. I hope you are feeling better. Please let someone know if you are not feeling well, okay? I love you with all my heart, Mom! Hang in there and I will see you very soon. 

πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽΆHave a Wonderful Day! Hugs 'n' Kisses, Your Daughter, ---Sal* AnnπŸŽΆπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰
Azalea with a bit of frost on it. It was a cold morning!
All the flowers were feeling the gold this morning.
πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸŒΉπŸŒΊπŸ€πŸŒ»πŸπŸŒΌ



Comments

Popular Posts