08 November, 2020 - A Fine Breakfast & Packing Boxes to Donate

 Dear, Mom -

Hello, my lovely Mama! I hope you were able to enjoy the sun for a bit yesterday. It was nice to see a blue sky. Again, I slept in a bit longer than suspected since I was up fairly late the night before. I am excited because I have some days off this week. It will be a 'home mini-vacation'. I have winterizing I need to get done on the house. I also have the pest control guy (possibly plural) coming on next Saturday to do a thorough investigation of the house to see where rodents may possibly be getting in. In preparation for that, I have cleaned my closet out so that they will have easier access into the attic space. Today I worked on cleaning out the mudroom so the downstairs door will be easier to open. It's one of those old-fashioned cellar doors that opens up to the ceiling. Due to this, we usually have things stacked on it. A lot of that stuff has accumulated over the last year as donations to the Goodwill. I wish I could donate it to an organization that helps out people that have lost their homes and belongings in the wildfires this year, but most of those drop off places are much further south. It will take me a few car loads to go to the Goodwill, but if I knew a place that wasn't too far, I could always borrow Paula's pick-up. All in all, I am getting rid of things and thinning my amount of "things". I just don't want stuff anymore. I just want what is necessary to do podcasting, art, and xbox. And my books. Other than that, I think I can get along alright with a lot less. Holly and I would like to relocate to a tiny house on some land in the future, so there is no reason to hold onto things that have basically been in boxes for the last 10+ years.

Day before yesterday, Paula gave Holly and I a nice loaf of brioche bread. She said it would be perfect for French toast. I got us this morning, went in the kitchen, put three eggs in a bowl with milk, sugar, vanilla and mixed it all together. Than I poured it in a pan and soaked the 1-inch pieces of bread for a couple of minutes on both sides then transferred them to the skillet. 

Soaking the brioche challah in the egg mixture.

The finished plate of French toast! I looked better in person. It was tasty, I will admit.


After breakfast, I started doing packing and repacking boxes and put them in the back of my car. Oh, but first I put on my new seat covers! Ugh. I wish I would have done this 3 years ago. Somehow I got a water stain on the passenger side seat when my water bottle leaked on it. I really had no idea water would stain. I think that is very strange. And on my side, places where certain food items had fallen had started to produce a bit of a stain, as well. I tried scrubbing it out, but it didn't really help. I decided to go through the company I used for my back seat cover for Elsa the dog and get matching bucket seat covers for the front. It looks very nice and uniform now with no stains showing. I don't know why I don't think to take pictures of these mundane things. Sure, I can remember to take pictures of food, but not the back of the car with all its boxed and the new seat covers. I will try to remember to do that tomorrow after work.

I am off to bed now. I have to be up quite early as Birgit has her infusion at the arthritis clinic at 8 am. This means I need to be up and out the door by no later than 7:25 am. I hope I can wake up enough. I think I will need to walk to the Starbucks down the street when I get there. I have to wait for close to 2 hours until she is finished. I may go into the clinic and sit far away from everyone and mess around on my iPad for a while. I may also take a blanket with me and have a nice nap in the car while she is in the clinic. It used to be I would drive home, but her infusions are an hour shorter now and I hate to waste gas to go all the way across town just to turn around and come back. We'll see what I get up to. 

Li'l Ole Me. Not quite a year old. 1970!
I thought I would throw in this picture that I found on my computer the other day. I figured you would get a kick out of seeing it. This was taken at our house on Milton Nursery in Milton-Freewater. I always was a drooler, or so I hear!

I love you, Mom. Keep all your friends laughing! It's a good time for it. I will try to talk to you today, hopefully. I'll keep my heart warm and open, waiting for you...

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ’–Your Daughter (now much older than that picture), Sally Ann๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜š


Comments

Popular Posts