19 November, 2020 - A Change of Scenery & Posters of Oregon

 Dear, Mom -

I suppose today has been a bit of a whirlwind for you. I heard you are in a new room for a bit. Maybe they have some painting to do in yours, or some electrical things to fix. I know it seems new and strange, but it is temporary and you will be able to go back to your room with the silly posters I put up for you. Maybe when you go back to your other room, there will be more silly posters to look at. You'll think, "That Sally. She's been in my room hanging up more pictures of Oregon for me. Did she leave me some cookies and a thermos of coffee, too?". If the clues are there, Mom, you can bet it was probably ole Sly Sal brightening up the room with more to look at. 

When I collected those beautiful posters, I was on a mission. They had different ones depicting different areas of interest in Oregon. I knew you would love the tulip fields and the waterfalls. I also have one that is Oregon caves, but it is not as bright, because, well, it's a cave. It is still painted in such a way that is gorgeous. I think there might even be some glow worms on the ceiling illuminating the inside of the cavern. I still have it rolled up, so let's see if I can find a picture on the internets.

The Amazing Oregon Caves. Travel Oregon 2019

Okay. It had been a while since I had seen it, so there aren't any glow worms, just lots of small fires helping to light up the stalactites and stalagmites . I'm not sure what all the machines do in the picture, but t is very pretty the way they used the colors. I also have the Oregon Coast! This one I will hang up for you eventually. I remember when we use to go to Seaside together, both when I was young and later on (a few years ago) We watched all the kites being flown on the beach, we got yummy ice cream cones, and a bag of salt water taffy that would hopefully last us the ride back home.

The Magic Coast fo Oregon. Travel Oregon 2019
This poster reminds me of when we would talk about the use of color in paintings. You could paint anything you set your mind to. One of the hardest things you said to paint was a sunset because of the colors. When you paint a pinkish purple sunset on a canvas, it just never looked right. It maybe didn't look right to you, but your paintings with any kind of sky always looked perfect to me. And you never stopped trying to get it just right. You taught me to "never stop trying". I think this artist did a really nice job, don't you?
I wanted this one so bad, but I couldn't find it anywhere! Heceta Head Lighthouse.
This poster is absolutely magical! Just look at the colors and the imagination that went into creating it.
I've always been a collector of really interesting 'things' that have to do with Oregon and these posters I would love to have, all professionally framed, hanging in my living room some day. I will need a bigger house with a bigger living room, that's for sure.
This poster you could get for free if you waited at the MAX station at 102nd for a specific bus that traveled to the Gorge. I never made it there in time!
I have NEVER seen this one before. It. Is. ADORABLE! Maybe someday I can find them...
This reminds me of Cousin Doran. If you look closely, there is an ice cycle fly fishing in the upper pond. We know that nobody likes to fish as much as Doran!
The Wonderful Wallowas of Oregon is one of the posters I searched for long and hard. The barn and house in the background remind me of Leah and Lora Mahanna's grandmother's house that I visited once with them. It is exactly how I remember it. Both Kim and I wanted this one.

I hope you have a great day and enjoy your new room while you can. Do they put mints on the pillows? I love you so much, Mom. I am thinking about you. We will try and talk over the video machine soon, okay. Until then, picture me giving you a big hug, a peck on the cheek, and holding your hand...and I promise not to let go.

πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’“You Are My Sunshine, Your Daughter, ---Sally AnnπŸ’—πŸ’•πŸ’“
My most favorite. We call this place "Doggy Paradise". It is right at the entrance to the Columbia Gorge. Dogs can run free and explore for 1000 acres!

Comments

Popular Posts