20 November, 2020 - Your Spirits are Up & The Answer Everyone Wants to Know...

 Dear, Mom -

I heard through the grapevine that you weren’t very interested in eating today. Well, for a Dodd, that’s a first! Ha ha ha. Then I heard there was pie and you decided it was a good time to eat. The question everyone asked me today about you was, “What kind of pie did she have?”. I forgot to ask Aleynah, so we will have to get to the bottom of the pie tin and figure it out. For starters, was it a fruit pie? Then we have to know was it apple, peach, strawberry rhubarb, marionberry, or perhaps blueberry? Ok. If you answered no to all of those, we need to move to a different category. Did it have a base of chocolate? Was there cream? Was the crust traditional, or smashed oreos or graham crackers? It might have been a key lime, or a banana pudding. Hmmm. I didn’t even think to mention the most obvious: Pumpkin? Holly would say I was crazy not to include pecan. Meh. I would say the most important this time of year, in my opinion, Grasshopper Pie!!! If we were in England, I would have to include savory pies, but I don’t think that is necessary, as I would be quite surprised to hear you had shepherd’s pie.

An Assortment of Pies. I am making myself hungry. For pie.
Alright, since I’ve now asked the question on behalf of myself and my peers, I’ll have to get the answer to satisfy everyone’s curiosity. Get back to me with the answer, Ma Dodd!

I am glad to hear that your spirits are up today. You seemed a little lethargic the last couple of times we talked, so I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. It sounds as if you have kept your sense of humor, too. Apparently, Aleynah almost stepped on your toe and you called her a “buffoon”? I can only imagine you saying that in a playful way then laughing about it. It gives me great joy to think of you saying it and seeing Aleynah’s reaction. It’s an act you two could take on the road, I tell ya.

I was going to put a picture of a buffoon here, but they are either pictures of clowns and jesters, or the current president of the United States. Zing. Seriously. Nobody wants to see either of those.

This morning I woke up a bit late, but not too late. I needed the sleep because I hadn’t slept well the night prior. So, I got up and received a text from Cousin Doran. He and Sue are wondering how you are doing so I filled them in on your temporary, new room and how much I miss seeing you. He said they have not been up to much over the last year. Mainly camping in their RV at the coast or along the river for fishing. He said that he and Sue have ridden their bikes a lot over the summer, but now are pretty much just staying at home until the vaccine for the virus comes along or the spring brings warmer weather. Both he and Sue send their love and they will come visit you as soon as it is possible.

You keep being strong, Mom, and hanging in there. I’m so proud of you. I hope the rest of your day is wonderful and I also hope it involves more pie...or CAKE?! I love you and I miss you and hopefully we can talk soon. Here is a picture I took of a red maple today. It is so pretty!
Red Maple. It looks so pretty in the fall.

πŸ’˜πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œI love you! Your Daughter, —-Sally AnnπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’˜




Comments

Popular Posts