22 November, 2020 - Cookies & Hope

 Dear, Mom -

Hello! I hope you are all snuggly in some of your new clothes. I brought you a few new things to wear. I wish they were all as snuggly as the sweat pants that have the soft lining. I know that one of the gals said having a draw string is helpful, so I got a couple of pair like that. You will be getting a couple of packages with nice, soft, cotton socks, too. You needed some more socks, it seems. I am hoping you are warm in your bed right now under nice, velvety blankets. I know your head doesn’t feel so good, Momma. I am sorry for that. Please know that every chance I get I ask the universe to keep you well, warm, satiated, and happy. This whole year has been hard for many people and we are riding it out the best that we can. I always have extra special thoughts for you, though. I also dropped off some cookies for you and your friends today, so I hope that you were feeling well enough to at least have a couple chocolate chip cookies. If not, I know Aleynah will save you some...or will she? I’m just joking. She’s a great lady. I’m sure she has a secret stash for Ma Dodd! I read a quote today that said, “A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand”. I may need to make this my motto. Or this one; “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate!”. Ha ha. You and I would agree with both of those statements. Thumbs up!

Cookies! I wish I could have got you one of everything, Mom!

I cannot say I did much today...again...geez. I spent some time with Elsa the dog down at the Baltimore Woods. It’s our little acreage of woods we walk in when we want to stay close to home, but Elsa wants to run around sniffing for critters. I leisurely walked around and she hopped, dodged, sniffed, bounded, hid, and charged full speed ahead. I had my phone in my pocket playing some music. Elsa was exploring to the beat of her own drum. I like to walk down there and look at the birds. There was a big aspen that was full of starlings. There are often osprey and crows flying around. Lots of songbirds. The foliage is changing rapidly now and the colors are lovely.
I love leaves that are changing colors. 
The tansy ragwort always is pretty as the flowers go to seed.
I found these two roses fighting the cold, too. Very pink.

I won’t keep you, Mom. I bet you are tired. I just wanted to be able to check in and let you know how much I love you. I am thinking about you lots and lots. It’s amazing how many things throughout the day remind me of you. Hang in there, okay? We are all rooting for you to heal up and feel like a million bucks. Speaking of which, Birgit and I decided we need to start playing the lottery ‘just in case’. Maybe $2 a week. We figure we might as well. Not everything this year has to be gloomy, so we thought maybe the excitement of winning lots of money would be a way to perk us all up a bit.

My friend sent me a picture that she spruced up a bit from when I was in England. It is the same picture you have of me in your room in the frame. She made my hair super thick and curly and my eyes sparkle. I am very girly, which is odd for me because I have always been pretty plain. It’s fun. That’s the main thing.
What do you think?
Ha. Funny, eh?
Have a lovely rest of your day. I hope we can talk soon.
πŸͺ🍩🍦🍫❤Sending Hugs and Kisses, Your Daughter, —-Sally Ann❤☕🍨🍰🍭










 


Comments

Popular Posts