23 November, 2020 - Sigh of Relief & I Love You So Much

 Dear, Mom -

I heard you are feeling better!!!!! I was shouting from the rooftops because I was so happy to hear it. Sweet Aleynah told me yesterday that you had a bit of a temperature. It really made me sad that I couldn’t be there to reassure you that you would be okay and to hold your hand until you got through it. The fact that you did with the help of your fabulous friends at Revere Court proves to me how strong you are (and what dedicated friends you have...not to mention how much you are loved!). And you did it! You told that stupid fever to ‘move along’ and you scared it away. It better not come back if it knows what’s good for it!

I’m doing the Snoopy Happy Dance  (⬅️ Push that link, kid!)

I hope that we can have a video chat soon! If feels like it has been weeks since I talked to you or saw you sweet face. It hasn’t, but it has been too long! I would love to hear from you what you have been up to, who you’ve seen, what kind of big excursions you’ve gone on, what kind of desserts you’ve been eating. I want to hear it all. I will try to connect with Aleynah and see if there is a way that we can make it happen. We may not have our usual hour, but any amount to see and hear you is worth its weight in gold! I want to see this face again:

Getting the side eye.

Today, I was mainly with Birgit. We had appointments to cancel, schedule, and rearrange. She and Paula are having their fence rebuilt as it started to rot and lean. Now that Paula has Watson the puppy, it is important to make sure to have a sturdy fence. Before we know it, that puppy is going to weigh 125 lbs and putting his big, ole paws on the fence would topple it no doubt. He is bulking up faster than you can say he is bulking up. He sure is a little love, though. Elsa the dog is not really into him. She sees him as the annoying little brother that won’t leave her alone. She just growls at him then looks at us to make sure it was okay to do that. Somebody has to teach Watson how to have manners and behave. Between Elsa the dog and Stella the Swedish Poodle, Watson Long Tail will learn.

This picture of Watson makes him look like an Old Grandpa dog and he’s only 4 months old!
Anyway, after I completed my tasks via Birgit, I picked up Elsa the dog and took her for a ride across town so I could deliver my voucher to the drop box in hopes that I will then get paid in two weeks. Elsa loved the car ride. She had her nose out the whole time.
She used to be scared of the car Now I can barely get her out once she’s in!

I think I will go to bed now, Mom. I am sorry my letter isn’t very long. The only other thing I did today was make a Crunchy Chicken Biscuit Casserole. I didn’t have any cream of chicken soup so I made a substitute from scratch that worked perfectly. It is actually really easy to make cream of chicken soup and I’ll probably do it again in the future. It isn’t a soup I tend to keep in the cupboard. I will see if was a nice comfort food. Since I baked it in a 9” x 13” dish, I would double the recipe next time. It barely filled the bottoms of the pan all the way around. It was hard to get much substance with the biscuits that cooked on top. I will say if this is the worst of my worries today, I probably have had a pretty good day. Ha.

I love you, Mom. I miss you so much, too. I am glad you are feeling better. I’ve been worrying about you (I come by it honestly). I just need to remember how healthy and strong you are. I should have trusted  you would be alright. Now I know better. You are a Dodd woman. A Katka! Unbeatable. Get ‘em, tiger!

Embrace the Day, Momma!
❤️✨😘👩🏻Sending You All the Love, Your Daughter, —-Sally Ann🤗🐶🇫🇮🇸🇪




Comments

Popular Posts